I’m rather woozy on pain meds right now and felt like composing a list. Don’t expect it to make sense because, as I said, “woozy”.
All that is bad in my life right now (in no particular order):
1) My poorly back.
2) I have so much work to do I’m almost panicking.
3) My washing machine has broken.
All that is good in my life right now (in no particular order):
1) My poorly back is being tamed by painkillers.
2) I have so much work to do I can finally pay my bills.
3) My washing machine has broken but my wonderful landlord will replace it by the end of the week AND will take a whole heap of junk out to the tip for me when he removes my old washer – for free!
4) The noisy wasps living in my bedroom window frame have stopped being noisy and now I’m growing rather fond of them.
5) I have the first three Supernatural: Origins comics next to my bed to read in a minute.
6) The Official Supernatural Magazine has been announced and guess who’s gonna be scribbling for it? *grins*
7) I saw the sequel to Russian vampire film Night Watch last night. Day Watch was ace!
8) My flat is super-tidy after I finally got round to cleaning out under the sink and my airing cupboard (where I found a sword, oddly enough).
9) This has been the best summer ever. Heat? What heat? Bring on the rain!
10) I got home from my screening last night and my neighbour’s cat spent ten minutes yowling at me to rub her tummy before I could even get in the door. So I did.
11) The new Harry Potter book is ALMOST HERE!
12) Somehow, despite being unable to exercise for six months, I’ve managed to lose 8lbs. And it’s stayed off!
13) I dreamt about Stan Lee the other night. I don’t know why, but it put me in a good mood for two days.
14) I picked up a twig earlier today which had fallen from an oak tree complete with tiny little acorns. Then I used it ten minutes later to scoop an enormous stag beetle off the pavement and put it safely in a bush. Um, don’t ask me why I told you that, but it seemed important at the time.
15) Crowded House’s new album has finally clicked with me.
16) While we’re on the subject of music, Regina Spektor’s “Us” is pretty much the best song ever, isn’t it?
17) The new issue of Top Gear Magazine had free fridge magnets so you can make your own “Wall Of Cool” on your fridge. I happened to have a spare Ford Gran Torino fridge magnet so now Starsky’s car is in the “Sub-Zero” section. Wish I had a ’67 Chevy Impala fridge magnet to join it, though.
18) I had an invite to the press screening of The Bourne Ultimatum – I’m so excited!
19) Those lolcats are still rocking my world over at icanhascheezburger.com. Latest piece of genius is this:
20) And I really should stop now because those comics are beckoning and I should read them before my painkillers put me under for good.
Mmm. Painkillers. Me likey…