Happy New Year, gentle readers: however many of you there are out there! (I have no way of knowing, other than by looking at the counter on the “About Me” page on the right – which is utterly wrong, so take no notice of it.)
It’s the time of year for lists of resolutions, promises and vows, so I thought I’d share mine. Some probably tally with yours. Others may just scare you. Or you may not have written a list of things to change about yourself because you’re perfect already – in which case, can I have your phone number? Especially if you look like David Tennant…
(Damn, I must stop obsessing about Doctor Who. Although I won’t add that to my list of resolutions because I’m enjoying it too much to stop at the moment.)
1) Drink less coffee and more water (already broken this resolution).
2) Eat healthier food during my lunch breaks (ditto).
3) Do the washing up every night before bed.
4) Don’t do all my freelance writing the night before I’m due to hand it in (already broken this one, though I have counterbalanced it by handing in a book review to SFX a few days early, so I’ll let myself off).
5) Spend less money on Starbucks coffee, sweets and chocolate and spend it on paying bills instead. Or on DVDs. Actually, I think I’ll resolve to buy more DVDs regardless.
6) Read every single Sherlock Holmes story.
7) Stop swearing at my computer when I’m at work. It can’t hear me. Though I suspect it could if it chose to.
8) Re-read Gone With The Wind.
9) Phone my friends more instead of texting them – I’m getting rather scared of developing RSI.
10) Meet Goran Visnjic from ER.
In 2005 I met Rob Lowe and also walked down the red carpet at a film premiere a few feet from Ewan McGregor (then saw him on stage a few months later). Now I just need to meet Goran and I can say I’ve been in the presence of the three most gorgeous men in the world. Somehow, someday, Goran is gonna hear from me… but not in a scary, stalker-ish way, I hasten to add. A cheery “Hello!” or a handshake will do nicely. As long as he speaks to me in that adorable Croatian accent, I’ll be happy.
Suddenly have the urge to Google for pictures of him. So long, suckers.